GOLO encourages you to get active whenever possible! Exercising not only helps you look your best, but you will also feel better everyday AND exercise helps you keep the weight off for a lifetime!
Exercise is an absolute! We were not meant to sit at a desk most of the day, on a couch, or in a car. Exercise is something everyone needs to do to maintain health. The benefits of exercise and a healthy lifestyle are enormous! Exercise helps to:
- Increase your metabolism
- Accellerate weight loss
- Tone and shape your body
- Balance hormones
- Increase energy and vitality
- Reduce this risk of illness and disease
- Slow down the aging process
What type of exercise does GOLO recommend?
The good news is that exercise doesn’t have to take hours to be beneficial! In fact, less may be more. Science continues to confirm that shorter, higher-intensity burst workouts result in greater fat burning, greater development of lean body mass, and many more benefits. On the contrary, it has been proven that long, time-consuming cardio routines can actually sabotage your health and weight loss effort.
Long aerobic or cardio workouts, those lasting over 30 minutes and overexercising, spending hours in the gym each week with no results, cause the muscle to continually breakdown rather than build up. This leads to more injuries and illness (colds, etc.) because your immune system can be weakened. And, when you over-exercise cortisol (the stress hormone) is released, causing the body to store fat instead of build muscle.
The benefits of shorter, high-intensity exercises:
- Engages the use of all muscle fibers, even groups of muscles you cannot reach through cardio or aerobic workouts.
- The hormone that helps burn fat and build muscle is boosted.
- Requires only a 10-minute time investment. Even better: Two 10-minute workouts are more beneficial than 30 minutes or 1 hour of a cardio workout
GOLO wants you to try and incorporate this strategy: Smart and efficient exercise that affords you the most benefit.
Other Exercise Activities
GOLO wants you to succeed! Any activity that you enjoy and keeps you moving is great and you should keep doing it. The possibilities are endless. Thinking outside the box and seeing variety can keep you from getting bored.
- Put some music on and DANCE! Invite your kids and spouse to join you.
- Join a club that has your favorite activity like hiking, golf, cycling, or tennis.
- Combing playtime and exercise. Try kickball, basketball, or kick around a soccer ball.
- Start with a yoga, stretching, or tai chi class to help you gain flexibility and movement.
The most important thing is to find activities you enjoy doing and will continue with consistently. Exercise should be fun, not a chore.
Fit 15 Workouts
These days everyone seems to be in a hurry pretty much all the time. It feels as if there are not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything that needs to get done. This means that many people don’t do one of the things that is most important for their health – exercise. This is the reason we created the Fit 15 workout.
Fit 15 Booklets
The Perfect 5
The more you exercise the better you'll feel!
With GOLO’s Perfect 5 short, high-intensity workouts you will save time while burning fat and boosting your metabolism and gain lean, strong muscle. The best part is: ANYONE can do it no matter what condition your body is in.
Why the Perfect 5:
The Perfect 5 workout uses all of your muscles, and improves circulation while burning fat and getting you fit. You should try for a minimum of 1 hour per week using the Perfect 5, but we encourage you to add other activities as well.
Out of Stock